Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Acquires and reviews all relevant documents, maps title chains and related items affecting one or more parcels of land, based on results of this examination, prepares preliminary title status reports.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical of those performed by associates in this job title; however, assigned duties may vary and associates may perform other related duties, and not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each associate in the job title or at a particular location.
Under general supervision:
- Prepares preliminary title status reports based on examination and research
- Examines deeds, grant deeds of trust, easements, codes, covenants and restrictions, deed assignments, re-conveyances, taxes, judgements, liens, assessor's parcel maps and other documents;
- Reviews data to verify ownership, correct annotation, and proper execution;
- Verifies that legal descriptions are written accurately;
- Identifies specific requirements for preliminary title report, including requirements for affidavits for questionable documents;
- Prepares disclosure of items to be resolved prior to approving title insurance;
- Orders property inspections as needed;
- Works with Title Officers or other higher level staff for guidance on unusual and/or problematic situations such as back vesting uninsured deeds, prior liens, need for indemnity, etc.;
- Uses arithmetic to calculate split ownership percentages;
- Coordinates typing of completed reports with support staff;
- May perform all of the duties of a title searcher including opening files and inputting data, generating data from County records to identify tax payments and status, printing relevant documents and reports, sorting and assembling information, requesting additional documentation from title plants, and performing related support duties
Above all, we are a dynamic team looking for energy and a results-driven mindset to provide unique value as we transform the Title and Insurance processes!
What you should bring to the table as our Ideal Title Examiner
- Completion of high school and at least one year of responsible experience in commercial title searching in Texas.
- Experience producing commitments preferred.
- Basic underwriting procedures.
- Basic real property law.
- Basic coverages of title policy insurance.
- Format and requirements for preliminary title reports.
- Terminology and documents related to title search, title chain and property ownership.
- Use of desktop computers including word processing and other common software.
- Customer service skills
- English grammar and spelling.
- Basic math for calculating percentages of split ownership.
- A natural drive to live by our Core Values
Marginal Job Functions/Duties:
- Working independently and meeting deadlines under pressure.
- Performing detailed work rapidly and accurately.
- Performing in-depth examination and verification of documents and maps related to property ownership.
- Preparing comprehensive and accurate reports.
- Interpreting and applying rules and procedures for chain of title.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.