Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
This position can be based in multiple locations throughout the United States.
Creating a world where anyone can truly belong requires a foundation of trust grounded in responsible business practices and consistent expectations of host and guest behavior. The Trust team is responsible for defining our policies and standards and ensuring implementation through communication, product features, workflows and tools, and taking actions when users violate our policies and community standards.
The Anti-Discrimination & Equity team works to advance anti-discriminatory policies, products and standards for our Airbnb Community. We are passionate about creating the systems and processes that will enable teams at Airbnb to root out discrepancies throughout our policies and our product that may be correlated with race or other demographic attributes - the result of explicit or implicit discrimination between individuals (e.g., between hosts and guests), as well as broader, systemic inequities - and fix them.
- You are passionate and knowledgeable about product and policy development, and committed to combating discrimination and driving greater equity and inclusion.
- You are a natural thought leader and entrepreneur. Others within the business look to you as an expert, who regularly shares critical and consistent insight and best practices.
- You enjoy building strong relationships and engaging cross-functional teams to bring them along the journey of an initiative.
- You are highly skilled in strategy, driving change, influencing others and negotiating.
- You are curious and enthusiastic about platform equity and inclusion efforts and are inspired by the nature of the work.
How you’ll make an impact
As the Platform Equity Manager, you will be a member of a growing area of the business and report directly to the Director, Anti-Discrimination Policy & Equity Programs.
You will build strong, productive, relationships in which you will prioritize anti-discrimination and equity within the experience we build for our host and guest community, and directly influence product roadmaps, feature development, policy creation, and operations.
Your work will help ensure that every team at the company is empowered with the insights necessary to address inequities within their areas of expertise and ownership head-on -- ultimately enabling us to build a platform that fosters an authentic sense of belonging amongst members of the Airbnb community.
In this role you’ll get to
- Contribute to enabling more belonging on our platform for our host and guest community.
- Strategically evaluate policies and initiatives to make our platform experience more equitable. Identify existing issues and challenges impacting our hosts and guests, as well as new opportunities to combat discrimination and advance equity on the Airbnb platform.
- Prioritize opportunities to measure potential experience gaps within our product and policies; work closely with data scientists to ensure that research and analysis is conducted and provided in a timely, responsible, and thoughtful way.
- Provide input and advice on strategies for reducing potential experience gaps and promoting equitable outcomes.
- Build stellar collaborative relationships with cross-functional leaders across the company to influence respective areas of the business with direct, data driven and intentional feedback intended to refine projects at varying stages of ideation and development.
- Partner with leaders to enact clear and constructive improvements, providing status and updates to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Create content, training, and tools to scale the team’s domain knowledge through the availability of helpful and impactful resources.
- Scale your own knowledge and impact, building a brand of exceptional competence and leadership in the areas of platform anti-discrimination and equity throughout the company.
We are looking for people who have
- Deep understanding of the drivers of discrimination and inequity, as well as best practices for combating them.
- 5+ years of experience in roles grounded in strategic problem solving, product development, and/or analytics.
- The ability to gain momentum quickly on a growing team, navigate ambiguity and provide clarity quickly in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to quickly form strong, lasting, collaborative relationships with team members, stakeholders, cross-functional partners, and senior leadership.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to reconcile differing viewpoints and create a compelling story to influence decisions of business leaders and founders. You can uplevel your communications for senior leaders as well as drill down into details with directly responsible individuals as needed.
- Demonstrated capacity for strategic problem solving, anticipating future challenges and solving them proactively.
- Experience with product and/or policy development processes within technology, regulations, and/or industry landscape.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in developing technologies and products that are equitable and inclusive in nature.
- Research expertise; quantitative or qualitative.
- Background or experience working with civil rights groups, privacy groups, and academics.
- Academic, research, or legal background in issues of discrimination and bias.
- Experience in website, software, and/or hardware design and development.
"This is a remote job except that it is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.”