Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
About the role
The Title & Curative Associate is a cornerstone of the Doma Operations purchase team. This individual will ensure that title commitment packages are delivered with timeliness, expert accuracy, and precision, furthering the Doma mission to make the home closing process as frictionless as possible for buyers, sellers, real estate agents, and lenders. The Title & Curative Associate will be excited to join the ‘title company of the future,’ processing files by incorporating innovative technology to streamline the title process. This role will collaborate with the escrow and concierge teams to proactively meet customer needs and provide a delightful closing experience. The Title & Curative Associate is a remote position.
What will you be doing?
- Examining title searches identifying and satisfying all title requirements
- Performing all required title and curative duties with confidence and professionalism such as:
- Reviewing search packages from vendors within company SLA’s
- Identify curative issues on files and methods for resolution
- Confirming legal vesting and signing authority
- Preparing accurate title commitment package based on state-specific guidelines
- Running additional searches as need be, including Bankruptcy, Pace lien, and Patriot Act searches
- Ordering escalated payoffs as needed
- Reviewing internal and external title documents such as lien payoffs, entity and trust documents, and POAs
- Reviewing for curative complete status
- Performing additional curative work as needed
- Preparing deeds or processing deed orders to external vendor
- Processing lender title orders and identifying applicable policy endorsements
- Liaising with underwriting counsel on escalated matters
- Additional customer service duties include:
- Anticipating customer needs and resolving customer escalations in a professional, efficient manner
- Providing clear status updates on the transaction throughout the closing process to appropriate parties (internal and external) as needed
What skills and experience do you need?
- 3+ year title and/or curative experience (CA preferred)
- Prior experience in title and escrow, mortgage processing, or related field.
- Excellent phone, email, and face-to-face communication skills
- Love for multitasking
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, metrics-driven work environment
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills Knowledge of title insurance, regulatory guidelines, and legal documents is required
- Comfortable with constant change and process improvement
- Proven customer service experience
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player under pressure
- Proficient computer skills
- Bonus: Possession of individual title and/or escrow licenses
- Bonus: Experience processing files in ResWare
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.