Revenue from the database market is forecast to expand from $68bn in 2020 to $106bn in 2024, making it one of the tech industry’s largest software segments. MongoDB is well positioned to capitalize on this growth. We were the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years, and our cloud business is growing at ~50% annually.
We are looking for an experienced and skilled product marketer who will be a key member of the DevSecOps Product Marketing team. In this role, you will be responsible for creating compelling thought leadership themes, messages, and GTM programs that address the core operational requirements of MongoDB. You will own the messaging of our operational products, integrations with common DevOps tools, and operational components of MongoDB Atlas, our cloud database platform. Your work will ensure that customers know how to integrate MongoDB into their deployment process and run it smoothly in production.
- Own the messaging for our operational platforms, Cloud Manager and Ops Manager, and help define the go-to-market strategy of these products
- Work closely with MongoDB Atlas product marketers for the operational components of Atlas, including automation, monitoring & alerting, and backups
- Plan and execute marketing efforts for relevant integrations and joint GTM with partners; integrations include Kubernetes, Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation), and monitoring/alerting (New Relic, Datadog, PagerDuty, VictorOps, SumoLogic, etc.)
- Own and manage the launch of new operational products, features, and integrations
- Work with other product marketing managers to incorporate operational ease into the messaging of their products
- Conduct customer research to understand the pain points, needs, and workflows of our buyers and users
- Assess where customers need additional support — whether information or product enhancements — in order to integrate MongoDB into their operational workflows, then prioritize and implement new assets or work with Product Management to plan product enhancements
- Plan and execute marketing efforts relevant to users’ operational concerns, track their results, and adjust course as needed
- Enable sales teams to address customers’ operational requirements: clearly define the operational capabilities of our products and the value they provide, deliver internal training and enablement, ensure sales teams understand ops personas well enough to engage with customers, and create customer-facing materials for sales to use
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience (product marketing, product management, hands-on DevOps/SRE work, or similar)
- Experience in Ops/DevOps and understanding of how the state of the art is evolving
- Experience with marketing and selling products (or specific feature sets of products) to Ops/DevOps groups
- Ideally, experience with or understanding of databases, application development, CI/CD, and cloud infrastructure
- The ability to take on complex projects and own them from start to finish, with organization and efficiency
- The ability to clearly articulate the value of a product/service to customers, but also to sales teams in a way that enables them to communicate it to customers
- Experience leading product or feature launches autonomously and contributing to larger launches with a team
- Comfort working with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders in complicated processes
- Strong product instincts and technical curiosity that translate to clear packaging, positioning, and messaging
- Have exceptional writing and communication skills (this is a must-have)
- A low ego-to-talent ratio
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.