Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
As a Finance Team Member, The Direct Tax Associate will have broad exposure to various financial systems and processes and will support critical goals and deadlines. The idea candidate for this position will have strong attention to detail as well as strong time management and the ability to confidently support processes within the organization. In addition, the ideal candidate will have direct tax and accounting experience, an understanding of cash management and the ability to work in a fast paced environment. This position would be reporting into the ACC Tax Lead position
What you need to succeed
● Working with local tax service providers to compile direct tax (corporate tax) compliance data files from our financial reporting systems, responding to queries and reviewing direct tax filings for accuracy.
● Working with local service providers and/or internal teams to prepare and review Digital Services Tax compliance data files.
● Sending and tracking wires to international jurisdictions for periodic direct tax and digital services tax payments (advance payments and balancing payments).
● Preparation of tax provisions to ensure the financial statements accurately reflect the accounting for corporate income taxes, deferred taxes, and digital services taxes.
●Reconciliation of direct tax and digital services tax collection and payments. Providing audit support by compiling data files and providing summaries.
● Receiving requests for reports from jurisdictions, responding to requests, and providing reports.
● Responding to tax related questions from hotel-partners.
● Completing ad hoc projects as assigned.
● Identifying, designing and implementing process improvements.
● Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in accounting, economics or related finance field (CPA or an advanced degree in tax is highly desirable)
● Strong organization skills and meticulous attention to detail
● Analytical and has a strong excel/spreadsheet background
● Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties
●Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Highly motivated and results driven
● Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
●Ability to work in a fast paced environment
● Must be passionate about Airbnb’s mission!