At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that precede health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
The Head of Event Marketing is responsible for all vital components of the company’s experiential and event strategy and execution. In Partnership with the Vice President, Experience Marketing, this person will develop an overall strategy for the company's investment in experiential marketing as a spectrum of tools and levers we can utilize to achieve the results needed for the business, the brand and the community - from top of funnel ideas (i.e. brand representation in the physical world in artistic manner) to creating our owned series of events, to lower funnel conversion needs. Building and working with a team internally and externally, this person is directly responsible for defining scope, inspiring teams, and delivering to achieve ROI and goals across the board.
What you’ll do:
- Co-creates event roadmap / strategy annually with the VP, Experience Marketing, taking into account brand and business needs / goals, departmental requests, industry trends, Executive level desires
- Defines program(s) scope, bringing cutting-edge innovative ideas, operations, processes, technologies, products and platforms for the operational and strategic management of events we create.
- Ideates and delivers best in class experiential and events across a wide spectrum of needs for the brand and business - inclusive of a wide range of potential event executions from the “blue sky”/abstract to the concrete, from physical to virtual, and targeting B2B as well as D2C audiences
- Hires, builds, manages and inspires Events team as the business grows, and our needs change, grow etc.
- Creates and manages a shortlist of agency partners to draw from as needed; represents our brand to agency partners and serves as key liaison for partners in the field of events
- Oversees all aspects of Events team internally; creating templates, processes and procedures for how we consult, engage and deliver work from a centrally managed department of excellence
- Contributes to identifying trends we should consider and amplify, places and ways we can and should be creating, integrating into or considering as we seek to engage our various communities - creating and deepening meaningful relationships
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Passion for BetterUp and the space we seek to own, as well as the community we seek to build
- 10 years of professional experience in events management, preference for substantial leadership roles overseeing events team and agencies
- Successful experience in delivering global level campaigns or events, from agency or in-house position
- Deep understanding of and execution upon "owned" series of events - not just tapping into a pre-existing event structure. Preferred leadership or ownership of creating a global event or events franchise for a leading brand.
- Well-connected in the event management world, preferred Celebrity + Influencer experience, as well
- Analytical abilities to identify high-impact opportunities and objectively evaluate projects
- Experience working cross-functionally and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and ever changing startup environment, and to exhibit entrepreneurial skills
- Ability to work under significant pressure to perform by senior leadership including the CEO
- A knack for exhibiting “grace under pressure”; Diplomacy & tact in challenging situations and in dealing with a variety of personality types and working styles.
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills; incredible ability to multi-task.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Workdays (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.