Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Trust organization protects, guides, and mobilizes the creation of trust in our community and on our platform. We hire quality talent who embody our company values and hold a steadfast commitment to creating a world where anyone in the Airbnb community can host, travel, and connect with peace of mind.
Trust Vendor Partnerships team engages with 3rd party vendors as an extension of our product-led strategy helping us leapfrog capabilities and augment internal signals. In this role, we are looking for a Business Development Program Manager to help us evolve and scale our Trust vendor strategy, while centralizing efforts to bring in higher cost efficiencies and a consistent approach to evaluating vendors. This position will help shape our partner acquisition capabilities, as well as our overall strategy to improve user metrics around fraud and safety. These initiatives both solve some of the most complex problems facing Airbnb but also unlock significant opportunities for our Community, Business and teams.
The ideal candidate will have great communication skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, will be comfortable working in a fast-based and ambiguous environment, and is motivated to make a significant, immediate impact.
- Vendor Analysis Work on pre/post vendor integration, making sure project plan is executed, relevant stakeholders informed, commercial risks are surfaced & proper steps taken to resolve
- Program management of new vendor engagements throughout entire onboarding lifecycle
- Drive operational excellence by implementing processes to track vendor health and various performance metrics such as SLA monitoring, vendor scorecards, and vendor risk ratings
- Maintain an active vendor pipeline making sure contract lifecycle process is followed and approvals are secured
- Interface on commercial deals with various stakeholders including product, operations, and various central teams including finance, legal, corporate development and procurement.
- Ensure budget adherence on contracts making sure contractual commitments/SLAs are met
- Partner closely with cross functional teams to ensure vendors meet business and security requirements, and drive vendor outputs
Success in this role includes:
- Identification of cross-category business development opportunities, managing outreach & engagement effort
- Development and execution of strategic initiatives addressing impactful business issues
- Gain buy-in for strategic recommendations from product managers and senior leadership
- Anticipate future needs and identify gaps in Marketplace processes and tools. Influence business development and vendor management policies and processes
- End-to-end project management, liaising across multiple functions within the organization to develop new or make changes based on team, category, vendor and business needs.
- Taking Initiative - You understand the importance of working hard, and you're willing to invest your energy into new challenges. If you see an opportunity to contribute or make things better, you take it—you don't wait around to be asked. You're comfortable acting with minimal planning, direction, and supervision. You can identify issues both within and outside of your immediate scope, and propose solutions.
- Welcome Ambiguity - You handle unexpected change with grace. You ask questions and seek to understand the reasons for change, while consciously avoiding assumptions of negative intent. You can effectively articulate the need for change and encourage optimism in those around you. You're able to perform at a high level, even during times of uncertainty. You trust your instincts and your ability to learn from past experiences, and you can confidently move forward even when you don't have all of the details. You're comfortable handing off incomplete tasks when necessary.
- Collaborating - You work effectively with others in one-on-one or group settings. You strive to listen more than you speak, and you frame suggestions as questions rather than orders. You openly receive new ideas and contribute your own. You help others, regardless of ownership or relationship. You're not perceived as a person who slows down progress. You utilize strategic partnerships to achieve your goals. You seek to understand before being understood, and are skilled at bringing people along and together.
- Strategic Thinker - You accurately anticipate previously unforeseen challenges, changes, and trends, and you plan accordingly. You know how to turn an idea into a reality. You're focused on long-term, sustainable success. You can articulate your vision for the future, and create forward-thinking strategies based on logical assumptions, facts, available resources, constraints, and organizational values. You consistently and effectively plan for both the long- and the short-term, and adjust your plans as needed.
- Employing Creativity & Solving Problems, this role will face unknown and never-before-seen challenges with community issues, tools, and workflows. We need someone who will work to creatively problem solve in the most difficult situations where no one has gone before.
- 10+ years work experience focused on business development, partnerships, program management, consulting or corporate strategy.
- Skilled in project management strategies; relevant program management certification a bonus
- 3+ years of fraud, risk, or trust & safety experience in a marketplace business preferred.
- Familiarity with procurement, sourcing or supplier management processes
- Strong budgetary and financial literacy and understanding of financial models
- Able to navigate complex organizations & develop positive relationships within Trust & with cross-functional partners
- Strong experience leading operational projects designed to implement change & drive results.
- Well developed problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of the product we offer and passion for Airbnb.