Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Manages an area encompassing an entire state(s) with one or more independent title companies providing title and related services. Overseas agency activities, securing and servicing agents and approved attorneys throughout the state to promote new and increased business activity.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work cooperatively and courteously with others
- Continually develop new business by consistently submitting new agent applications.
- Cultivate existing agent relationships to significantly increase share of business remitted to Doma.
- Update CRM records to reflect the most up to date information possible. Information provided on new applications should be accurate and complete.
- Reporting and correspondence with all levels of management should be clear, concise, and accurate.
- Reporting deadlines, respect appointment/meeting times.
- Visit agent and prospective agent’s offices at least quarterly.
- Perform on-site agent visits and complete necessary reports to determine agent viability.
- Within an assigned state(s), manages agent relationships to maximize productivity and agency operation, securing and servicing agents and approved attorneys for the company.
- The State Agency Manager is accountable for the quality and competency of Independent Agents operation to develop and maintain business and promote a favorable Company image within the state.
- Gathers general information, pertinent to the operation(s):
- From internal company reports;
- From consulting with owners, management and personnel of the title and/or abstract companies, approved attorneys, realtors, builders, mortgage bankers, state insurance commissioners, and other state and local officials;
- From research of printed material, such as financial publications, trade and association journals, legal advance sheets and legislative bulletins.
- Plans, develops and participates in marketing programs to enhance the competitive position and to maximize market penetration.
- Reviews agency underwriting agreement contracts, including exceptions from these contracts which are requested by the prospective agents or approved attorneys.
- Reviews state operations, preparing recommendations to superiors concerning significant changes in direct and agency operations which revise or create operating policies and procedures.
- Performs occasional title plant market studies in connection with proposed acquisition of other title companies and the opening of other direct operations. Makes recommendations regarding loans to agents and prospective agents for procurement of title plant facilities.
- Serves as the company's representative to state title associations and maintains liaison with Insurance Departments.
- Keeps abreast of and apprises Region/Division Manager of pending legislation which affect the Company's business within the state.
- Providing pertinent information to officials, and solicits their assistance bringing about new legislation to create uniformity in title insurance laws.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent Required
- Minimum of 5 years experience in overseeing an insurance agency operation.
- Title, Mortgage or other Financial service industry experience highly preferred.
- Strong experience in building relationships with internal and external customers.
- Advance experience in reviewing and approving agency contracts.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Ability to drive an automobile.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the State Agency Manager to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Requires driving. Finger dexterity is necessary.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.