The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The MongoDB goal is to make working with data easy for developers no matter where the data lives. We are expanding our platform to provide developers with a broader set of products, tools, and capabilities. This requires bringing the ease of use associated with all of our products to streaming data.
MongoDB is looking for a senior product leader with experience working with streaming products and technologies to join our team. This position will collaborate closely with product management and other MongoDB engineering leaders to create and execute a cross-product roadmap for streaming at MongoDB. This position requires a driven self-starter who can work with senior leadership comfortably, takes tasks from start to finish, and someone who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment.
We are remote optional through January 10, 2022 afterwards this role will be in-office in our Sydney office long-term.
- Be a catalyst for developing a vision, roadmap, and implementation plans leading to near-term and long-term wins for streaming capabilities
- This highly visible position drives collaboration across engineering, design, marketing, sales, and executive leadership
- Lead the team to the right product decisions via deep engagement with internal stakeholders, customers, prospects, and market study
- Actively maintain a view of how the market, competition, and technologies evolve, and factor competitive information and customer feedback into our product direction
- Deeply understand all aspects of the business - to ensure a business outcome aligned with our broader product, customer, and company needs
- Play an influential role in driving decisions for technical, business, and organizational issues around streaming
- Bring a passion to every stage of the product lifecycle
- 7+ years of product or engineering experience with streaming, search, or database products
- Solid technical skills. Our product managers must be just as technical and have knowledge in these areas to better advocate for our users; while not expected to write production code, be comfortable with speaking authoritatively on any of the technical aspects of the tools in your portfolio
- Skills to effectively communicate product strategy to all of the relevant stakeholders; ability to translate technology features into business benefits
- Strong team skills and experience to bring together diverse views, can-do attitude, optimism, humility, willingness to embrace the unknown
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to present to large audiences
- Demonstrated success as a product manager on a fast-paced, growing team
- Self-starter who enjoys strategic challenges across a broad range of disciplines
- Experience with developer-focused, cloud growth models is a plus
- In three months, you will have onboarded on the current MongoDB technologies & tools, reviewed existing roadmaps, caught up on where the teams are executing; you will have met with your team, key functions, and other stakeholders, and identified any immediate opportunities for improvement
- In six months, you will have led the team to ship several releases, taken over customer feedback channels, and made sure existing processes allow acting on it efficiently
- In twelve months, you have produced several GA releases, delighted customers with new/improved experiences (you’ll need to define your metrics to measure customer success with your deliverables as well), identified new opportunities & refined your roadmap, contributed to other projects, presented to customers, user groups, and conferences, and gained strong support of your team of direct reports and other stakeholders
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.