Generalist Software Engineer (Start Dates: Early 2022)
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We believe connected data has the power to change the world. Our platform powers insights and experiences centered around the needs of real people, and in ways that keep the Internet open for all. LiveRampers thrive on building together with curiosity and humility—and have a good bit of fun along the way. We’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to grow our team and impact.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
LiveRamp is looking for new graduates that crave challenges and seek out dynamic experiences and to jump right in and be fast-tracked onto a team that is the best fit for your skills and interests. Here at LiveRamp, we’re changing the world of data connectivity. Our technology unites the marketing technology ecosystem, enabling brands to measure the impact of digital marketing on sales and deliver highly relevant messages to consumers on virtually any channel or device.
As a Software Generalist you will help bring this vision to life by tackling your projects head on. It’s hard to say what tomorrow's challenge may be, but in this role, you’ll be happy to hack away at it, whether it’s a Ruby on Rails web application, a big data workflow in Spark, or something completely new. You’ll also collaborate with other engineers to execute on a diverse range of projects.
On the engineering team at LiveRamp, we value ownership and individual contribution within a collaborative environment. Be ready to leave your ego at the door, roll up your sleeves and start solving huge challenges as soon as you begin.
Join one of the following teams within Engineering:
- Applications: Data Networks
- Connectivity: Outbound Platform Integration Team (OPI), File-Based Recognition (FBR)
- Infrastructure: DevOps
- Platform: Data Management (DM), Segment, Activations Backend (BE)
- Design and build sophisticated systems to process and visualize massive amounts of data.
- Make mistakes. Fix them; learn from them; make different ones next time.
- Be at the forefront of technology innovation. Keep LiveRamp on the cutting edge of industry tools and best practices.
- Push your teammates to become stronger engineers. They will do the same for you.
- Take our engineering, business development, and culture in a whole new direction during one of our four Hackweeks every year.
- Excited by the idea of building scalable and reliable products
- A talented new grad (or recent grad) looking to start a full time role in Winter/Spring 2022
- Comfortable working in multiple languages, frameworks, and environments
- Possess a startup personality: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working and productive
- A data enthusiast who wants to be surrounded by brilliant teammates and huge challenges
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excited to work with products that have close interactions with customers
Bonus Points (varies by team, but here are a few):
- Knowledge of Java, Core Java, Big Data, such as Hadoop and Spark
- Experience with GCP or another cloud provider (AWS, Azure, ...)
- Experience with Kubernetes, Cadence, Scala
- Contributions to open source projects
- Projects involving Workflow Orchestration
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience developing user interfaces with the React framework
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or Node.js
- Experience with TypeScript and Express.js
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Fun: We host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, paid holidays, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, long term care, accident and critical illness insurance, pre-tax accounts (health, dependent and commuter), and a family forming benefit through Carrot. Plus Milk Stork, backup child and elder care, and discount on pet insurance, mental health support (via Talkspace)
- FlexPerks reimbursement program to provide flexibility and choice ($375/quarter) for fitness, emotional, financial, family, travel and entertainment, convenience and security expenses. (U.S. LiveRampers)
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan—1:1 match up to 6% of salary—helps you plan ahead. Also Employee Stock Purchase Plan - 15% discount off purchase price of LiveRamp stock (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment and ergonomics program—we prove you with equipment and tools to be your most productive self, no matter where you're located
- Location: work in the heart of San Francisco, New York (some teams) and/or from home
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across nine countries and four continents. Click here to learn more about Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DIB) at LiveRamp.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.