At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that precede health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
BetterUp has doubled our revenue year over year and it’s only increasing as a result of a workforce that has dramatically shifted to virtual. As our SDR Manager, you will bring your experience and talent to iterate on our existing model and help us to establish a world-class SDR function to support our tremendous growth. Ideally, you have done this before in a similar, growth-stage environment (think roughly $60M in annual revenue to hundreds of millions) and you are eager to roll up your sleeves and build.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure the team BDRs achieve monthly/quarterly quotas on first meetings, pipeline growth and revenue attainment. These First Meeting should convert at or above target rates to qualified stage 2 opportunities to ensure that the sales organization has the activity and pipeline needed to achieve quarterly sales goals
- Implement workflows; tracking, and measurement of all digital marketing assets, campaigns (i.e. nurture), tools, and assessments.
- Hire, train and assimilate new BDRS
- Work jointly with Regional Vice Presidents to strategize, build their pipelines, and achieve territory goals.
- Ensure that inside sales processes are executed consistently and improve continuously.
- Monitor and hold reps accountable to activity-based KPIs
- Track team metrics with periodical reviews, keep records and generate reports on all phases of activities.
- Motivate your team to meet and exceed quotas and objectives
- Coach, develop, and deliver structured training on best practice sales skills, product knowledge, and market dynamics to your team.
- Keep informed on new products, services, and other general information of interest to potential customers.
- Manage the growing BDR team with a metrics-based approach, relying heavily on data to inspire, iterate, and educate inside and outside the team
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Impeccable track record leading a BDR team that has overachieved its quota.
- Experience hiring, scaling and building BDR teams in a high growth environment.
- Player-coach skillset to enable, train, and support a growing team to perform at world-class levels. This includes ongoing growth initiatives such as shadowing calls, supporting the build-out of messaging for emails and call scripts, direct feedback and building strong alliances with the sales organization.
- Self-discipline and focus to effectively manage an intense and high volume business; strong time management skills.
- Experience as a data-inspired decision-maker. Should have experience in prospecting software (Groove, Outreach, Sales Loft), Salesforce.com, Domo, call audit software (Chorus, etc).
- Innovative outbound approach, there is no such thing as “that doesn’t work” but rather “let’s try something new (inspired by past experiences, of course).
- Years of experience: 7 years with at least 3 years as a BDR leader
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Workdays (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.