Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
In this role you will be spearheading a high-impact, high-visibility project to reimagine how homeowners navigate their way through the home selling process. This role requires hands-on technical leadership as well as an entrepreneurial mindset to navigate ambiguities and challenges in standing up a brand-new data service.
You’re fired up to:
- Architect a robust solution to ingest and index a high volume of structured and unstructured data.
- Support data scientists as they build models from this data and MLOps engineers as they productionize those models to do real time inference.
- Become a domain expert in title insurance and real estate generally.
- Document data sources and data pipelines to share knowledge and understanding of the solutions being implemented to downstream users of the data.
- Apply big-data technologies in cloud infrastructure to build highly reliable and scalable data pipelines
You definitely have:
- 5+ years experience working in data engineering or software engineering, sourcing data utilizing a variety of methods, especially REST and SOAP APIs.
- Knowledge of data modeling and data warehousing concepts.
- Experience building out ETL pipelines that ingest data from a variety of external sources.
- Experience with software engineering practices like version control, testing, code reviews, etc.
- Hands-on experience with cloud services. AWS preferred.
- Expertise in Python and SQL.
- Computer Science or related field degree or equivalent experience
You might even have:
- Previous experience building data and/or machine learning products
- Hands-on experience with one or more elements of our data platform, particularly Snowflake.
- Hands-on experience working with a variety of AWS services: S3, Lambdas, API Gateway, etc.
- Knowledge of DevOps practices and experience with related tooling (containers, infrastructure-as-code, etc).
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.