The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are remote optional through January 10, 2022 afterwards this role will be in-office in our Dublin office long-term. We will consider hiring. in Poland, Spain, France, Portugal, Italy remotely for the right candidate. This hire will work a Tuesday - Saturday workweek, and we will pay a stipend for the Saturday work.
MongoDB Technical Services is seeking highly technical candidates for a role focused on the MongoDB Realm. The Technical Services team is a dynamic and deeply technical worldwide customer-facing team situated inside the MongoDB Customer Engineering organisation. We are responsible for helping our customers succeed with MongoDB products including our new Realm mobile solutions. Our engineers combine their MongoDB expertise with passion, initiative, teamwork and a great sense of humour to achieve exceptional results for our customers.
You will work closely with highly skilled engineers and developers, encounter many different kinds of problems, recognise patterns, provide product feedback, contribute to documentation, shape processes, and help guide the evolution of the MongoDB Realm product itself. Most importantly, you will help our customers launch and run all manner of mobile applications using the newly launched MongoDB Realm on our Atlas Platform.
What you’ll do
- Help MongoDB Realm users solving complex issues with their mobile solutions, e.g., resolving questions on SDKs, architecture, performance, scaling and everything in between
- Be an expert on best practices for developing and running mobile applications using MongoDB Realm at scale, whatever that scale may be
- Advocate for customers’ needs, working with the Product Engineering teams to debug and reproduce problem reports from MongoDB Realm users and escalate problems to include other team members as needed
- Recognise patterns, and effectively categorise and create links between related issues and projects
What you’ll need to succeed
- Genuine desire to help people succeed with our technology
- Ability to rapidly learn a wide variety of new technical skills
- Engage with our customers for their success with MongoDB Realm by solving their challenging technical problems, applying advanced diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal, are critical as you will be working with users from all over the world with very diverse backgrounds, as well as with a highly technical engineering team
- Ability to:
- Develop simple mobile applications using Xcode or Android Studio
- Read and understand the intent of code and stack traces in one or more languages of: Java, Kotlin, Swift, Objective-C, JS, Dart
- Comfortably navigate through Linux systems using a shell
- Write simple reproduction scripts
- Bonus points:
- Experience using or managing MongoDB (or other database solutions) as a developer or DBA
In 3 Months
- You'll have successfully completed New Hire Training
- You’ll have gained a deep understanding of MongoDB and its ecosystem
- You can run through creation of a simple app using MongoDB Realm, including sync to multiple devices.
- You are comfortable handling tickets with identifiable diagnostic signatures
- You can identify user reported tickets that don’t describe bugs
- You have written detailed issue summaries for downstream teams
In 6 Months
- You will be comfortable working frontline with our customers
- You have a good understanding of Realm infrastructure and synchronization technology, MongoDB and Atlas
- You have working knowledge of REALM development SDKs
- You have working knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, Nodejs, React-native, iOS, Android
- You are identifying issue patterns and escalating when appropriate
- You can take any issue and work on it to completion, either by yourself or by including a colleague at the right time and with the appropriate skills to accelerate a solution
- You will complete a MongoDB Certification exam
In 12 Months
- You are influencing the product roadmap based on issues you’ve seen
- You can answer escalations from our enterprise customers based on their use case
- You have a deep understanding of Realm infrastructure and synchronization technology
- You will be a part of a technical experts group within MongoDB and will be helping your peer engineers in advanced diagnostics
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.