Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
As an Operations Investigation Specialist, will be responsible for working with your team to ensure that daily service level agreements are met in responding to user tickets and reviewing users or reservations for risks to our users or the Airbnb platform. You will be working closely with the product stakeholders and shared services stakeholders to provide feedback to help improve our models as well as focusing on analyzing online patterns and trends.
- Maintain Subject Matter Expertise of your respective Specialization to successfully complete core work and escalations
- Educate users on how to maintain security and safety while using Airbnb responsibly
- Investigate complex situations and potential fraud surfaced in high volume queues
- Working with operational lead to support cross-functional groups to develop and enhance internal policies and tools such as increasing automation, updating policies, and fixing product loopholes
- Understand our risk systems and investigate account patterns
- When trends or product vulnerabilities have been identified, you are able to escalate to the Product Support Job Family
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality while performing investigations
- Comprehensively document investigations
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the purpose of your Specialization
- Work with external Product vendors to enhance proactive and reactive risk detection as an informing or collaborating task
- Demonstrate great judgement and be open to sharing what you know with others
Professional Skills Requirements
Pursuing Excellence (Operational): You set the highest standards of quality for your work, and hold yourself and others accountable. You understand the importance of delivering excellent products and services to our community, and you're rigorous about examining and improving your own work to ensure it's always as good as it can be. Even when you're successful, you never stop looking for ways to improve. You pay close attention to details, no matter how small.
Communication: You proactively inform people and teams in a timely and accurate manner. You explain What, How, and Why, and provide all of the necessary context. You communicate clear, relevant, and succinct information to the right people at the right time, in a way that reduces confusion and builds trust. You keep relevant parties updated when timelines change. You adjust your tone and style to what is most appropriate for your situation or audience. You can productively engage in difficult conversations regardless of setting.
Collaboration: You work effectively with others in one-on-one or group settings. You strive to listen more than you speak, and you frame suggestions as questions rather than orders. You openly receive new ideas and contribute your own. You help others, regardless of ownership or relationship. You're not perceived as a person who slows down progress. You focus on achieving a desired result, not on owning a project or receiving credit for the outcome. You understand the need for an open and collaborative team environment, and you foster this in your interactions with others. You utilize strategic partnerships to achieve your goals.
Technical Skill Requirements
- Familiarity with the Google suite: mail, docs, sheets, and slides
- Mac OS
- Experience with customer ticketing systems
- 1-2 years of experience within risk management, fraud prevention, or Trust and Safety.
- Must be available for a regular schedule of 5 days work per week (40 hours), mutually agreed with your Lead, which may include weekend days and public holidays. Shifts may include evening or early morning hours.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, to help our community in a tactful and diplomatic manner. Ability to balance fraud prevention alongside a positive customer experience.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills, analytical, able to organize and work independently with rapidly changing priorities.
- Solution and outcome-oriented.
- Strong investigative ability, internet research, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to detect vulnerabilities in existing and new products or features, and anticipate the ever-evolving fraudulent behaviors.
- Desire to work in fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. Ability to multitask, learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Ability to remain calm in time sensitive situations; able to prioritize and respond to user and cross-functional team needs.
- Ability to remove personal bias to focus on fact-based investigations and remain impartial in sensitive situations involving users.
- Ability to analyze data for patterns and detail oriented: you do your due diligence when completing an investigation.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken, self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies. Able to work and self-organize with rapidly changing priorities.
- SQL, JSON, or equivalent experience with other coding languages is a plus.
- Ability to analyze data for patterns and draw conclusions and suggestions.
- Fluency in another language is a plus.