At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that proceed health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
We are seeking an Associate People Scientist to join the People Science team in our Labs organization. People Science is an interdisciplinary team of behavioral scientists who strive to bridge the research-practitioner divide through the development of evidence-based product experiences that accelerate human flourishing. As an Associate People Scientist, you will collaborate closely with designers, engineers, product managers, and cross-functional partners to innovate blended human-led and digital interventions. You’ll deliver compelling and actionable written, in-person, and visual presentations on your findings. You will act as the voice of behavioral science in product and your research will be instrumental in defining the next generation of BetterUp products for a global audience.
What you’ll do:
- Acting as a subject matter expert on human flourishing, behavior change, learning, and/or human development to inform product solutioning/design.
- Partnering with designers, product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to originate novel evidence-based product solutions that support human flourishing.
- Integrating social science theory and peer-reviewed sources to generate insights that inform evidence-based decision-making for product development.
- Assisting in conducting qualitative and quantitative formative product research, including interviews, focus groups, survey research, and exploratory data analysis.
- Contributing to in-product measurement and assessment strategies by attaining alignment with internal stakeholders, including go-to-market and product teams.
- Assisting in executing intervention experimentation on and off-platform including experimental design, recruiting/sampling, data collection, and data analysis.
- Collaborate on compelling written and visual presentations of research findings aimed at inspiring change and innovation at all stages of product development.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Required: Advanced degree (PhD preferred, Masters with applied research experience required) in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Behavioral Economics, Social Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Data Science, Human Development, or a related field.
- Preferred: Relevant industry (non-academic) experience as a hands-on applied researcher, preferably in a product organization.
- Experience with both applied quantitative and qualitative methods (e.g., interview, focus groups, survey design, intervention experimentation, thematic analysis).
- Experience with multivariate statistical techniques and willingness to learn new approaches as needed.
- Experience with, or openness to being trained on, various data analytic and experimentation tools and platforms (e.g., R, SQL, Looker, Braze).
- Ability to assist in quickly designing and tailoring effective, appropriate research methodologies within time and resource constraints.
- Ability to assist in creating compelling presentations and confidently convey research insights through storytelling to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Workdays (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution