The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Play a front-line role with Customers, Sales, and our Delivery ecosystem representing the high-growth software company that is energetically challenging the status quo of the database industry.
Work in a team of technologists, sales and delivery professionals among the best in their fields. Work with some of the most ambitious and complex global companies, helping to define and progress their innovation initiatives across every vertical.
MongoDB consulting exists to support the development of our customers’ vision, accelerate customers’ time to value, and drive a multitude of customer adoption scenarios - from building new solutions to modernising legacy applications or migrating to cloud. Our consulting solutions ensure that organizations get the best out of MongoDB.
Help us take our business to the next level of scale and excellence in delivery and governance. You will have an abundant opportunity to meaningfully impact the growth of the MongoDB business.
- University degree or relevant work experience
- At ease operating in a small, dynamic, fast growing team, able to be proactive and self-sufficient with an ability to have a can-do attitude and make oneself accountable
- 2-5+ years experience with enterprise-scale software solutions, large scale software engineering or consulting services delivery experience preferred
- Comfortable creating plans and priorities for both project delivery and customer resources
- Demonstrated belief in the power of stakeholder management and communications
- Outstanding and effective interpersonal skills; strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Ability to foresee and assess risk, plan to mitigate risk and manage escalations or critical situations
- Services delivery experience with development or operation teams is a plus
- Engage directly with customers to ensure swift, successful delivery of a specific set of packaged offerings
- Own a portfolio of projects and work closely with customers and consultants to ensure accountability of execution
- Setup resource planning and assignments in coordination with the PS Operations team
- Maintain and monitor project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures
- Organize and lead project status meetings and the follow-up to those meetings
- Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project
- Assess and handle project risks and issues,seeking to provide solutions where appropriate
- Ensure clear stakeholder expectations are managed towards achieving the best possible solutions
- Ensure robust communication internal to MongoDB, within the project team, and from the team to the customer
Measures of Success
- Collaborate directly with customers and other internal teams to lead and deliver high-quality, reference-able engagements
- Of paramount importance is predictability: predictability of forecasts for resource needs and revenue; predictability of internal & customer stakeholder management; predictability of outcomes; predictability of risk management; predictability of customer expectations and experience
- Demonstrate business acumen through robust control of the internal and external budget, project margin, resource utilisation and billability across your entire project portfolio
This role is remote optional until 10th January 2022, we are looking to speak to candidates who plan to be available in India Office when we introduce our flexible model
Life at MongoDB
Our India office culture
- 300+ people, with teams in Sales, Engineering, HR, Finance, IT & Marketing
- Regular group outings and opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- Employee affinity groups
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive Health cover, dental cover, travel insurance & Life Insurance
- Free lunch twice per week and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy and sweet treats
- Macbooks are company standard
- 26 weeks Maternity & 20 Paternity leave to spend time with new arrivals
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.