Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
What you’ll do:
● Responsible for accounting closing & reporting processes including the month end closes of global Airbnb companies across North America as we grow.- Finalization & Analytical review of Trial balance with passing of all the accruals, prepayments & adjustment journals Ensure timely recording of all month end items and closure of GL books as per the agreed KPIs.
● Review intercompany account balances reconciliation on a monthly basis and ensure that these balances are correctly reflected in the General ledger, also to ensure that all intercompany account queries are resolved in a timely manner.- Review all necessary records relating to purchases (PO,requisition and contracts) and make sure it is accounted for in the books.
● Support US time shift during month-end and Quarter-end closing & reporting.
● Preparation of Flux and trend analysis for both P&L and Balance Sheet.
● Supporting statutory audit for global accounts.
● Collection and maintenance of backup documentation for all transactions to ensure an audit trail
● A leader with a strong sense of ownership, who makes sure the team delivers the challenging tasks
with the highest quality.
● Champion the Mission to help teams understand how their work contributes to end goals.
● Embrace the adventure with peers & teams using innovative channels of communication to keep
teams up-to-date with day-to-day changes in expectations and goals that are relevant to their roles.
● Team management : Aid to the development of the skills of the team, aiding career development of
the team by sharing regular feedback, regular catch-ups.
● Manage good relationships with key stakeholders, own the process that matches Airbnb brand
● Outlining & examining the standard operating process (SOP's) and process maps.
● Flexibility in role/responsibilities and shifts timings in a dynamic environment to contribute and achieve
overall organisational objectives.
● Simplification, standardization and automation across accounting processes.
What you bring:
● Minimum of 7-8 years of relevant experience. Including 2 years of team management experience.
● CA is mandatory.
● Experience managing numerous cash and GL accounts, denominated in various currencies, and
strong understanding of merchant fees.
● Strong understanding of US GAAP (CPA a strong plus).
● Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and SQL.
● Systems experience: NetSuite, Workday, Oracle, Atlassian JIRA.
● Excellent stakeholders management.
● Strong interpersonal and team building skills - ability to work with a diverse team and drive change
across functional and business boundaries.
● Strong Analytical skill and challenging to status-quo.
● Strong oral and written communication skills