Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Doma is now seeking a Software Engineer to be responsible for creating solutions that impact the future of the real estate industry. You will get the opportunity to play a crucial role in creating high availability, scalable applications that interact with other systems. You will also be responsible for promoting coding best practices, improving metrics and availability.
- Back-end development (data access, services, APIs, SQL)
- Understanding of Infrastructure (DevOps, build processes, source control, cloud, ex: DevOps, Github, Jira)
Knowledge in container and cloud native technologies like Kubernetes is a plus
Experience with cloud-native development (Azure, GCP, AWS etc.) is a plus
Knowledge of good architectural patterns for writing scalable and maintainable software
You are fired up to:
- Use your raw engineering intuition to revolutionize a 150 year old industry
- Support growth by streamlining enterprise processes
- Help design pragmatic, extensible architecture to evolve our core underwriting and transaction processing products
- Productionize machine intelligence and process automation that materially differentiates our business
- Learn and leverage the ins and outs of complex, valuable problem domains
- Generate high-quality code in balance with rapid feature delivery
- Our tech stack is above, you've used a lot of those tools, and you want to use them more often
- Wisdom equivalent to 5 years contributing backend projects in a team environment
- Strong opinions, loosely held, about all things engineering
- Computer Science or related field degree or equivalent experience
- Product- and business-minded pragmatism
- Creative and practical approaches to architecting software systems
- Robust, auditable, and automatically-tested software fit for financial services
- Technical professionalism: maintainable, readable, extensible design and implementation
- Collaboration with - and inclusion of - a diverse team of both technical and non-technical colleagues
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.