The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is seeking a Workplace Concierge Coordinator to support the Workplace team in our rapidly growing New York City office. In a nutshell, we’re on the hunt for someone who enjoys being the go-to person and is a self-confessed “jack/jill of all trades”.
This role will be in-office in our New York City office long-term.
Global Workplace and Real Estate
The Global Workplace & Real Estate Team at MongoDB is responsible for managing all aspects of our office portfolio. From Real Estate strategy, location selection, leasing, design, projects, day-to-day operations, health & safety, facilities, events, the list is endless really. Our department’s true north is removing distractions from our workspaces and offering the best workplace experience possible to our staff and visitors.
This is a unique and at times demanding position and it takes a certain set of skills, and an amazing individual, to really thrive. But in return, you will have the opportunity to work with and alongside employees at every level and every department virtually every day. More importantly, as we are growing so quickly, you will also have the ability to shape this role in a way that promotes your personal and professional development and sets the business up for success in the years to come.
It’s an exciting time to join MongoDB!
Skills and Attributes
So what does it take to be our next “Workplace Rockstar’’?
- Unequalled Flexibility You have to roll with the punches and be able to handle everything and anything that comes your way. There is no such thing as a “typical day” in our department and so you need to be able to prioritise and improvise on a whim. You also need a high degree of independent judgement.
- Otherworldly Organization & Follow-Up As the role of Workplace Coordinator is so wide and varied, it can be easy to lose track of the tasks at hand. We rely heavily on JIRA, our internal ticketing system, to help manage tasks, but keeping on top of the numerous moving pieces, and caring enough to follow-up, is what will set you apart
- Absolute Accessibility You need to be approachable, personable, and a relatable person who people feel comfortable going to for all of their needs, no matter how small. Your colleagues will be your ‘internal customers’ and so experience in a customer service role would be a definite plus
- Rock Solid Communication You need to be able to communicate effectively, both in text and verbally, and be confident doing so. At times you may be required to announce new activities or explain policies; you don’t have to be a pro public speaker or communications whiz, but you do need to be able to communicate in a way that is sensitive to the needs of our varied teams and also clearly explain the reasoning behind X, Y, and Z
- Unwavering Optimism You will likely be the first point of contact for many people - whether that is a potential new hire, a client, or a visiting MongoDB employee, and your demeanor helps form the oh-so critical first impressions. We want someone who has a naturally positive attitude and embraces the responsibility of being the ‘center of morale’. Everyone has their inevitable bad days, but how you handle those is the critical bit
- Creativity & Confidence We are incredibly proud of our office culture here in Dublin and maintaining its intimate, personalised nature amidst rapid growth will be one of your biggest challenges. It will require you to get creative in your thinking and the way you operate. We want someone who isn’t afraid to try things we may not have tried before. As such, you also need to exude confidence. Or at least fake it until you make it! You need to be comfortable working in a fashion that earns respect, and part of that is being able to push back from time to time
Workplace Management Responsibilities
- Learn. Herd Cats. Be smart. Be proactive. Get stuff done
- Champion MongoDB’s Future of Work Strategy, leading by example and ensuring success through constant and consistent communication and engagement with staff
- Communication of Workplace guidelines and expectations
- Ensure the office is a Great Place to Work, operated and maintained in a safe, professional, clean and cost-effective manner
- Proactively inspect the workplace conditions daily to ensure standards are maintained
- Manage reception and the front of the house. Greet employees, guests, visitors and create an engaging environment
- Monitor office and kitchen supplies inventory and place orders as required
- Arrange catering and oversee restocking of supplies for pantries and conference rooms
- Respond to, track, and action employee requests via our internal ticketing system
- Work collaboratively with the local IT team on various ad hoc projects and events
- Proactively engage with local leadership to ensure their team’s needs are being met
- Partner with HR and hiring manager with on-boarding new employees and building office culture
- Employee Engagement & Experience: In partnership with the Workplace Manager and Workplace Coordinators, manage the planning and executing office-wide events and meetings, in addition to Workplace-sponsored initiatives
- Assist Workplace Manager with vendor management for cleaning services, food service operations, and the repair and maintenance of equipment, to name a few
- Assist Workplace Manager with analyzing special reports, summarizing information and identifying trends
- Help maintain a purchasing database for adherence to operating budgets
- Undertake other duties as required from time to time in line with the nature of the role
- "Office barometer," excellent emotional intelligence to interpret issues in the workplace on behalf of local teams and leadership
- No ego. You are up for anything thrown at you and you tend to stay calm in stressful situations
- 2+ years of Administration/Office Coordination experience, degree qualified
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices as well as administrative and financial controls
- Proficient user of technology as well as MS office applications
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs
What does success in this role look like?
- Positive feedback from your local office business leaders and stakeholders
- Quantity of service provided, quality of delivery, and the quality of change produced as a result
- Optimum office utilization - are the teams getting the most out of our office spaces and adapting to an activity-based work environment?
- A thriving, vibrant, upbeat office culture
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.