Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Doma is looking for an exceptional Data Engineering leader to take our existing ML Operations, data warehousing, business intelligence, and ETL software development practices to the next level. You will be reporting the Chief Data Scientist and will support the data science team as well as departments outside technology in all functions related to movement of business data and ML models. This role requires expert management, ability to communicate effectively with VP+ stakeholders, as well as passion for hands-on development when special projects and mentorship of your team call for it.
You’re fired up to:
- Adopt and nurture equally all workstreams related to the movement of data at Doma, be they in service of machine learning, reporting, ETL, finance, HR or newly emergent use cases and projects
- Propose and support ambitious new initiatives that redefine the status quo of real estate and title data availability and flow, setting new standards nationally
- Manage our existing data warehousing infrastructure and create data governance, data lineage, and data dictionary layers atop this foundation
- Grow and create an environment for the secure training and deployment of machine learning models
- Become a domain expert in title insurance and real estate generally and inform domain modeling efforts across the company as it pertains to real estate.
- Oversee an extremely talented team of data engineering managers and ICs and challenge them to achieve their highest potential
You definitely have:
- 7+ years’ experience working in data engineering, ML Ops, or software engineering, chiefly in the Python programming language
- 5+ years’ experience managing data professionals
- Enough hands on Python experience to pair program with your team and review code
- Expertise in tools, vendors, and best practices surrounding data warehousing and data lakes
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts, particularly validation and testing of ML models
- Experience with software engineering practices like version control, testing, code reviews, etc.
- Hands-on experience with cloud services and knowledge of security best practices.
You might even have:
- Previous experience with dashboarding via the likes of Tableau/Looker/etc
- Hands-on experience with one or more elements of our data platform, particularly Airflow and Snowflake
- Knowledge of data and model governance concepts and best practices regarding metadata, data dictionary, and data lineage layers
- Experience training and testing machine learning models
- Knowledge of devops practices and experience with related tooling (containers, infrastructure-as-code, etc)
- Experience managing people managers.
- Hands-on experience with Azure and Kubernetes.
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.