Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
What we’re looking for in a candidate
We're looking for someone who is thrilled by the prospect of developing machine learning products that will have a transformative impact on the real estate industry. This is a unique opportunity to work on some of the core machine learning products in a company that is built around machine intelligence. On our team, you will serve as a go-to person for engineering best-practices, and for developing and improving our model training plus feature engineering pipelines.
Our team works on a variety of exciting problems, including our patented instant underwriting model, on which the company was founded. Our team is always evaluating new products and projects, so there is never a dull moment!
You are excited to:
- Help build out our model training and deployment infrastructure in order to allow our team to rapidly develop new models and iterate on existing models
- Develop extensive testing around high-priority models, to provide guarantees about model behavior in production
- Serve as an expert on topics such as writing performant python code and model governance
- Contribute to the development of new models in support of exciting company-wide initiatives
What you’ll be working on:
- You will help develop and improve the infrastructure used for building and deploying the core machine learning models used by the Underwriting & Risk team
- You will improve our pipelines for data ingestion and feature engineering to provide guarantees about model behavior being perfectly aligned between training and production
- You will help build the next generation of models used by our team, as Doma expands its product suite
- You will provide support on model governance, including developing tools for tracking model and feature behavior / drift in live production models
- You have 4+ years of relevant experience writing production code for machine learning models
- You have extensive expertise in Python, SQL, Docker, etc.
- You have strong fundamental knowledge of core programming concepts, including object-oriented programming, unit testing, etc.
- You understand fundamental data science concepts, and have experience with common tooling and packages used for machine learning
- Experience in the domains of risk, credit, insurance, and/or financial forecasting is a plus
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.