Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Trust organization protects, guides, and mobilizes the creation of trust in our community and on our platform. We hire quality talent who embody our company values and hold a steadfast commitment to creating a world where anyone in the Airbnb community can host, travel, and connect with peace of mind.
In Community Policy, our mission is to create and evolve principled policies that create the rules of the road for Guests and Hosts across Airbnb. This involves solving some of the most complex Trust & Safety challenges of our time. Our work is informed by rigorous research and stakeholder collaboration, and we design policies that can support our community at scale. We team with our cross-functional partners to create accessible policy enforcement guides and to continuously maintain and improve our policies.
- You are knowledgeable and experienced in the space of creating and implementing policies and measuring their effectiveness, and have a specific background on Anti-Discrimination and equity issues.
- You love solving complex problems by developing consistent rules that can be applied at scale.
- You bring a rigorous approach to research and analysis and can clearly propose policy options and their implications.
- You are a team player who thrives in a fast-moving environment and brings a strategic mindset and bias toward execution.
- You are principled, precise and have strong attention to detail.
How you’ll make an impact
As Community Policy Manager in the area of Anti-Discrimination on the Community Policy & Global Partnerships team in Trust, your work will help keep the Airbnb community safe through building and implementing internal policies and working with our agents to enforce them. You will work across the business and with external stakeholders to continuously evaluate and improve our policies and to handle new issues as they arise. Your work will address our anti-discrimination policies and you will collaborate with other subject matter experts to look after equity considerations across our policies. This role will have a direct impact on the peace of mind of millions of Airbnb users around the world.
In this role you’ll get to
- Solve some of the most complex issues and challenges related to policies that govern and guide multi-dimensional platforms across global communities.
- Work as part of a global team to research and draft data-driven policies focused on the area of Anti-Discrimination, Equity, and Human Rights as scoped and prioritized with the team.
- Foster, build, and maintain relationships with leadership of internal business verticals, including executive level stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders across the business including but not limited to Operations, Public Policy, Legal, Product, Communications and Business Development.
- Serve as subject matter expert to provide sound policy guidance for time-sensitive escalations, including from Operations and company leadership.
- Guide policy operationalization efforts in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders throughout the business.
- Gather data and insight to inform Community Policy project prioritization.
We are looking for people who have
- 10+ years experience in an Operations, Policy, Legal, or Trust and Safety role; exposure to anti-discrimination issues and working closely with global, cross-functional partner teams .
- A demonstrated ability to provide and propose innovative solutions to grey area situations with thoughtful recommendations for prioritization based on impact and efficacy.
- Ability to speak confidently as a policy owner, leaning into meetings to inspire collaboration by effectively sharing your unique point of view to drive conversations forward.
- Demonstrated capacity for critical and analytical thinking, research, and analysis; planning for outliers and with a deep focus on the details.
- Ability to formulate responses quickly and accurately for various audiences in various forums.
- Ability to work well under pressure, in a highly dynamic and fast paced organization.
- Successful track record of working effectively with both local and globally distributed teams
- Effective time management coupled with the ability to prioritize and ensure appropriate delivery of the most impactful/important work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and skilled at cross-functional collaboration, including understanding and balancing interests of various stakeholders.
- Ability to travel globally and regionally
- Experience working closely with operations teams, preferably in the Trust and Safety space
- SQL and other basic technical skills