Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
We’re searching for an experienced program manager to join the Airbnb Hosting Program Management Office! The ideal candidate will have a sharp mind for solving problems in a pragmatic way, and a proven ability to strategize and implement high-level program initiatives using industry best practices. As a program manager, you will have a strong talent for aligning goals across cross-functional teams by bringing structure, teamwork, and critical thinking. Ultimately, you are driven by the will to create an inclusive work experience for your program teams and nurture program success from inception to completion.
- Provides leadership to the Program Management Community to further develop the Project/ Program Management role, processes and operations.
- Maintains a broad view, shares lessons learned, and mentors junior team members.
- Serves as an effective communicator with the ability to autonomously craft a concise narrative that inspires & influences disparate groups of people, including company leaders, to drive outcomes for key business objectives.
- Autonomously and proactively identifies who, when, what, and how to communicate, to drive intended outcomes, executing in a measured and balanced way for the full spectrum of audiences relevant to business objectives
- Autonomously creates and sets the gold standard for others to follow or be inspired by developing templates, processes, frameworks etc. for the team as needed
- Daily program management throughout the program life cycle
- Defining the program governance (controls)
- Planning the overall program and monitoring the progress
- Managing risks, issues, and taking corrective measurements
- Coordinating the projects and their cross dependencies
- Managing and utilizing deliverables across projects
- Managing stakeholders’ expectations & communication
- Aligning the deliverables (outputs) to the program’s “outcome”
- Managing the program management documentation & deliverables such as the program charters, timelines, RACI charts, and communication plans
- 10+ years experience managing moderate to large sized projects/programs from initiation to launch within complex operating environments.
- Exceptional leadership, priority management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Outstanding working knowledge of project/program management principles
- Have managed other project/program managers
- Certified in at least 2-3 different program & project management methodologies such as, Scrum (CSM), SAFe (SPC, SA), PMI-PMP, SAPM, etc. preferred
- Strong knowledge in program/portfolio management tools (Atlassian Suite, Asana, etc)
- Strong knowledge in user experience and design thinking principles preferred
- Previous experience in building PMOs and establishing program management processes preferred
- Previous experience managing direct reports preferred
- Strong knowledge and handling of project and program management methodology and techniques
- Understanding of the wider objectives of the program
- Ability to work positively with cross functional stakeholders and align them on common goals
- The ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems
- Able to work in ambiguous and unpredictable programs and create structure and consistency with teams
- Strong situational awareness and critical thinking
- Able to balance between pragmatism and dogmatism of program execution