Software Engineer, Big Data Matching
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We believe connected data has the power to change the world. Our platform powers insights and experiences centered around the needs of real people, and in ways that keep the Internet open for all. LiveRampers thrive on building together with curiosity and humility—and have a good bit of fun along the way. We’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to grow our team and impact.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
The Matching team owns the largest big data service at LiveRamp that processes petabytes of data per day. To operate and build applications at this scale pushes the limits of distributed computing and allows the team to work on a unique set of problems. The system has to be fault-tolerant, process data in near real-time and still be cost effective.
We are looking for engineers who share a passion for tackling complexity and building platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude.
- Work collaboratively in a small specialized team of engineers to scale a system processing petabytes of data every day.
- Learn and grow under the mentorship of experts in big data.
- Learn industry best practices from our team processes and development practices.
- Contribute to the architectural design and implementation of our systems and interfaces.
- Develop our data processing pipelines using technology such as Spark, Dataproc, and Kubernetes.
- Improve on our research and experiment platform to optimize the performance and efficiency of our applications.
- Foster a positive environment of integrity, empowerment, initiative, and teamwork.
- Provide operational support for our team’s production systems.
- Share the remarkable work of our Matching team with the world through tech talks, blog posts, whitepapers, and conference participation.
- Learn and grow in your role and career.
Your team will:
- Support and mentor you as you grow into your role as big data leader at the company.
- Spearhead and lead the next generation of big data platforms at LiveRamp.
- Improve and scale the matching big data application as load increases.
- Build tools and frameworks for big data platforms to be used internally and externally to LiveRamp and contribute to existing open source platforms.
- Support and guide other teams at LiveRamp as they build out their big data platforms.
- Experience writing and deploying high-quality code.
- Solid Java or Scala programming skills.
- Communication skills to share highly technical information with technical and non-technical teammates.
- Deeply inquisitive. Always asking why we do things and how we can do them better.
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or related degrees.
- Strive for perfection but settle for excellence.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Familiarity with Apache Spark, Dataproc, and Kubernetes.
- Experience with GCP or another cloud provider (AWS, Azure, etc.).
- Academic or professional research experience
- Academic or professional experience processing big data.
- Worked with industry-standard open source and/or commercial tools and libraries for data processing.
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Fun: We host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, paid holidays, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, long term care, accident and critical illness insurance, pre-tax accounts (health, dependent and commuter), and a family forming benefit through Carrot. Plus Milk Stork, backup child and elder care, and discount on pet insurance, mental health support (via Talkspace)
- FlexPerks reimbursement program to provide flexibility and choice ($375/quarter) for fitness, emotional, financial, family, travel and entertainment, convenience and security expenses. (U.S. LiveRampers)
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan—1:1 match up to 6% of salary—helps you plan ahead. Also Employee Stock Purchase Plan - 15% discount off purchase price of LiveRamp stock (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment and ergonomics program—we prove you with equipment and tools to be your most productive self, no matter where you're located.
- Location: work in the heart of San Francisco and/or from home (remote-eligible roles)
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across nine countries and four continents. Click here to learn more about Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DIB) at LiveRamp.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.