The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is growing and gaining adoption rapidly across the globe with the most demanding and innovative companies and development teams in enterprise software!
We are looking for passionate technologists to join our Pre-Sales organization to ensure that our growth is grounded and guided by strong technical alignment with our platform and the needs of our customers.
MongoDB Pre-Sales Solution Architects are responsible for guiding our customers and users to design and build reliable, scalable systems using our data platform. Our team is made up of seasoned software architects, entrepreneurs, and developers who take direct responsibility for customer success, including the design of their software, deployment, and operations. You'll work closely with our sales reps and play a key role in winning deals and driving the business forward. You'll be a trusted advisor to a wide range of users from startups to the world's largest enterprise IT organizations. In this role, you will often be the first technical contact for the customer and perform tasks such as remote demos, determining customer requirements and supporting the global sales team with technical questions.
What we look for
- A mind for technology - we’ll teach you all about MongoDB and databases, but our customers and products are inherently technical and you should have an aptitude and curiosity to learn about those concepts
- Working knowledge and ability to code a modern scripting language (e.g. Python, Node.js, SQL) and/or popular programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Java, C#)
- Experience with or knowledge of scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- The ability to be adaptive to an ever-changing environment, where you are constantly improving yourself, your team and (y)our processes
- High levels of organization in your workflows - you understand what it means to work with lots of customers and to prioritize and manage your time efficiently
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
A real bonus to have
- 1+ years of pre-sales experience with enterprise software
- 1+ years of software development experience
- Experience selling or working with databases and/or deploying applications with any of the major cloud providers
- Experience with database programming and data models
- A MongoDB Certification
What you will do at MongoDB
- Confidently articulate the business value of MongoDB solutions
- Build partnerships with teams to help ensure success in accounts ranging from small startups to large enterprises
- Align to support remote sales with activities such as technical discovery, demos, presentation, sizing, and documentation of technical decision criteria; working across a number of opportunities in parallel
- Implement and maintain technology toolkits to drive compelling demonstrations and POCs
- Advise customers on architectures, patterns, and strategies for making the best use of MongoDB
- Translate technical concepts and patterns into business benefits
- You will have the opportunity to help drive demand through participation in both industry-known trade-shows as well account-based marketing events
- Demonstrate resilience and sound judgment in taking care of business challenges
- Have an ability to drive customer demand within a sales territory, by being self-motivated, proactive and understanding the importance of a strong sense of urgency
Want to know what you will learn?
- The rapidly expanding MongoDB product suite, including
- Core database server, Realm, Charts
- Atlas (fully managed cloud database service), Atlas Data Lake, Atlas Full-Text Search
- Other Tools and connectors - Ops/Cloud Manager, Compass, Connector for BI, Connector for Spark
- Market-relevant, complementary technologies e.g. Apache Kafka, Kubernetes
- Modern and popular architecture design patterns, methodologies and concerns e.g. microservices, event-driven architectures, DevOps, cloud, security
- Sales techniques and related soft skills - presentations, demonstrations, whiteboarding, discovery, objection handling
- Exposure to a variety of market verticals and broad spectrum of exciting use cases
- Competitive salary, pension contribution and equity
- Free lunches Tuesdays and Fridays, unlimited free snacks, refreshments and drinks
- VHI Health cover, dental cover, travel insurance and life assurance
- Bike to work scheme, commuter tax saver scheme, secure bike storage
- Regular performance, compensation and development reviews
- 27 days annual leave
- 20 weeks Maternity & Paternity leave to spend time with new arrivals
- Wellness programme with classes in local gym
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.