Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest mobile games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with, in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009, and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people headquartered in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 500 million times by players around the world and have grossed over $1 billion in revenue. We continue to release brand new content for Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As a Remote Accountant on the Finance team, you will be a direct report to the CFO and provide support on confidential data management and ad hoc initiatives. You will prepare custom analyses and reports and also support all aspects of accounting operations. This is a data intensive job that requires expertise and interest in building Excel models from scratch. You will often work with private personnel data, so maturity and professionalism is a must. Being a proactive team player and demonstrating a growth mindset is critical to success in this role.
Note: This role is open to remote work from Texas.
- Support the compensation planning process by preparing detailed analyses for each function vs market data
- Own all equity-related matters. This includes managing PG’s cap table, owning SBC, and leading an upgrade of the cap table software system
- Prepare and review journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting models in the monthly close process
- Work cross functionally with various functions to produce financial reports and analyses that will help manage their cost structure
- Develop expertise with the Intacct GL system and design and implement new tools that meet Pocket Gems’ evolving business model and culture
- Prepare compensation related PBC’s for the annual audit (Big 4 firm)
- Ad hoc analyses and projects to support the CFO as needed
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 6 - 12 years of total accounting experience, with increasing levels of responsibilities
- Active CPA license preferred; should have at least passed all parts of the CPA exam
- A hands-on approach and strong attention to details
- Advanced knowledge of Excel - you should enjoy spreadsheets
- Solid understanding of GAAP accounting concepts
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing environment - we’re a startup and are continuing to grow; this requires strong multi-tasking skills and the flexibility to quickly switch from one project to the next
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Extra Gems For:
- Interest in mobile gaming
- Masters degree in Accounting
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability -- and we hope to engage with talent based on these and other core values. We also offer competitive perks, such as flexible vacation, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package,
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.