Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest mobile games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with, in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009, and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people headquartered in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 500 million times by players around the world and have grossed over $1 billion in revenue. We continue to release brand new content for Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As a Product Manager - Storytelling New Projects you’ll work on New Projects that further innovate on mobile storytelling for a female audience, including extending our story expertise into categories such as puzzle and role-playing game genres.
What We’ve Accomplished:
- Developed and launched Episode, creating a brand new “interactive story” category in mobile games.
- Grew Episode to a top 10 grossing app on the Apple App Store, garnering over 200 million downloads.
- Partnered with major studios and industry stars to create interactive stories based as Pitch Perfect, Pretty Little Liars, Mean Girls, Demi Lovato, and Clueless.
- Turned Episode into a user-generated content platform, allowing user creators to publish 160,000 interactive stories for our players.
What You'll Do:
- Drive the design and execution of new prototypes of story-driven casual games for women
- Work in an environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction
- Iterate rapidly on those prototypes based on feedback from playtests, user tests, and data collection
- Design and implement new features for the most successful prototypes we create and ultimately, launch a new game
- Pitch new ideas for new game prototypes
What You Bring to the Product Management Team:
- 3+ years experience as a product manager
- Worked on a successful free-to-play casual game targeting a female audience (e.g. Match3 puzzle, home design, etc)
- Up to date with current trends in free-to-play mobile games and understand the pros and cons of the decisions that different games make
- Experienced in quantitative analysis and have the ability to refine hypotheses/models by digging into user data
- Ability to manage complex projects and production schedules
- Enjoy light hearted, romantic, playful, and sweet stories. RomComs or YA novels are your go to for comfort
- Crave constant feedback that helps you make your game prototypes better
- Love the idea of creating highly engaging mobile games that will be seen (and played) by millions!
Extra Gems For:
- Experience with Unity editor and Unity tools to implement game content
- Degree in a quantitative/technical discipline (CS, Engineering, Math, Econ, etc.) and/or MBA
- Specific experience in any of the following:
- Match3 puzzle games
- Merge games
- Role-playing games
- Interactive story games
- Startup experience
- Engineering/software development
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability -- and we hope to engage with talent based on these and other core values. We also offer competitive perks, such as flexible vacation, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package,
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.